God’s Greatest Promise: The Promise of a Son who gives light!
Isaiah 8: 11 – 9:7
1. From 7:2 – 4 and 8:6, what is the way of this people God told Isaiah not to follow? What do they fear contrasted with Isaiah fears?
2. What effects do these fears have on the way each acts?
3. How does Isaiah respond to Judah’s rejection of his message?
4. What is the darkness in which the people walk and what is the suffering that Zebulun and Naphtali experienced.
5. How does Is. describe the effects of the dawning light.
6. How does the New Testament interpret this prophecy.
7. How has Jesus shattered some of the yokes that burden you? What is the one yoke that you desire to have him shatter now?